Dear EYE-Q patients,
We are open for all vision care, surgical, optical and MedSpa services with enhanced patient safety COVID-19 guidelines. As a patient we can assure you we’ve implemented a variety of processes and protocols to provide you with the safest environment possible. In many cases our procedures exceed what is required of a healthcare facility.
Below are some recommendations to help guide you as you consider seeking care at EYE-Q and what you should expect when you visit.
Do Not Postpone Necessary Care. Some patients have been delaying care for decreased vision, or other eye issues. Do NOT postpone care or it may lead to complications that could require surgical intervention or lead to loss of vision. Do NOT postpone necessary preventive care such as diabetes screening or glaucoma follow up exams, which both require regular medical supervision.
Is It Safe to Go to Your Doctor? EYE-Q doctors and staff implemented preventative measures to care for you safely. We follow CDC, OSHA, local, state and federal recommendations. We have established special procedures for cleaning and disinfecting exam rooms, diagnostic equipment, shared areas and devices. We installed clear protective barriers that are in between you and your doctor during your examinations. We rearranged and expanded waiting rooms, our physicians and staff wear masks while at work and other personal protective equipment when indicated. All patients are also required to wear a mask throughout their visit to EYE-Q. We have easily accessible hand washing areas and available hand sanitizers. In addition to routine cleaning, we now clean our facilities throughout the day, all day long. We are taking all other appropriate precautions to ensure that care is as safe as possible for all our patients.
What to Expect When You Visit EYE-Q – To comply with Covid-19 guidelines, you will be asked to do the following:
• Wear a face covering over your mouth and nose at all times. Everyone over the age of two must also wear a face mask.
• Limit visitors or people who go to your appointment with you. By limiting the number of people in our facilities you can contribute to better social distancing. If you need assistance coming to your visit, limit the number of people who accompany you to ONE person.
• Anyone entering our buildings will have their temperature taken, and be asked questions about health status, before entering EYE-Q. This is to keep you and others safe. If you are a patient your questions will be asked via our self-check in kiosks which provide further social distancing.
• Waiting rooms have chairs spaced apart to keep you and others safe. You can also choose to wait in your car and receive a text message when we are ready for you to be seen!
• Wash your hands often. Use soap and water for 20 seconds, or use available hand sanitizer stations when washing your hands is not possible.
• All Optical patients must have a scheduled appointment to shop, or pick up their glasses or contact lenses. This helps us limit the number of persons inside and contributes to proper social distancing.
All 3 EYE-Q offices, optical services (by appointment only), the MedSpa at EYE-Q and our surgery center are open following all precautions to ensure your care is safe and that you are protected. Please trust that we are doing our best to keep you, your family, and our community safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you soon.
F. Campbell Waldrop, MD
President, EYE-Q Board of Directors