Eyes of Hope® supports local communities around the globe through initiatives that bring eye care, eyewear, education, and disaster relief to places where they’re needed most. To date, through Eyes of Hope, VSP Global has invested more than $175 million in no-cost eye care and eyewear for one million people in need.
During this severe fire season, we hope you and your loved ones are safe and well. Please be aware that resources are available for you if you need emergency or essential eye care, or have lost or damaged your glasses due to the fires:
• VSP® Members can call 800.877.7195 to have their benefits reinstated if they’re not currently eligible.
• Non-VSP Members can call 800.RED.CROSS (800.733.2767) or contact a local Red Cross chapter to request a VSP® Eyes of Hope® gift certificate.
HOW GIFT CERTIFICATES WORK
The American Red Cross may provide you with a VSP Eyes of Hope disaster relief gift certificate. When you receive and use a VSP Eyes of Hope gift certificate, VSP Vision Care will reimburse your provider after you receive care.
When “American Red Cross” or “Disaster Relief” is listed as the client name on the front of the gift certificate, patients must have*:
• lost or damaged eyewear during a disaster;
• no vision insurance or no available benefits through existing vision insurance;
• not used another gift certificate in the last 12 months.
Adults and children are eligible for an eye exam, an Altair® frame with a retail value up to $115, and single-vision, lined bifocal, or lined trifocal lenses.
• Altair brands with frames under the $115 allowance include Genesis®, Lenton & Rusby®, and Otis & Piper™.
• Polycarbonate lenses are covered for children (but not adults).
Learn more about disaster outreach at VSP Global by visiting disaster.vsp.com.